Sometimes lovely humans interview me or write about the work I do. In the past I have appeared in places such as The Straits Times, Expat Living, India-West, Yes & Yes, The Wilds, & Cicada Magazine.
If you are a journalist, producer, editor, blogger, podcaster, or writer interested in covering my work, this is the place to find all of the information you need, as well as selected press I have already done.
You can get in touch to request a media appearance right here. I truly cannot wait to speak with you.
- My name is Topaz Winters. I am a poet, editor, actress, & entrepreneur. Here is a photograph; here is my Wikipedia page; here is my IMDb page.
- My current ongoing projects are this blog, Six Impossible Things, where I write about truth, magic, art, illness, & how to create beautiful things for those still listening, as well as the small press & literary journal Half Mystic, dedicated to the celebration of music in all of its forms. I share behind-the-scenes updates about these projects with my love letter list & Patreon supporters.
- I am the author of the books poems for the sound of the sky before thunder, Monsoon Dream, & Heaven or This. I wrote & starred in the award-winning & critically-acclaimed short film SUPERNOVA. I am the youngest Singaporean ever to be nominated for the Pushcart Prize. In 2017, I gave a TEDx talk entitled Healing is a Verb. A full list of publications & awards can be found here; a full list of larger projects, & press coverage around those projects, can be found here.
- A few things I believe deeply in & am always willing to speak or write about: living with mental illness & how mentally ill people are represented in the media; the struggles & triumphs of being a young, queer, neurodivergent woman & artist of colour in the modern age; how best to support independent artists; how to remain soft while simultaneously being ambitious & powerful; the importance of art, poetry, storytelling, & creation for their own sake.
- At the moment I am 18 years old. I live & work in Singapore.
Official Bio (Short Version)
Topaz Winters is a poet, editor, actress, & entrepreneur. Her work has been published in Cosmonauts Avenue & Rust+Moth, profiled in The Straits Times & Cicada Magazine, & commended by the National Scholastic Art & Writing Awards & the National YoungArts Foundation, among others. She is the youngest Singaporean ever to be nominated for the Pushcart Prize. She serves as the editor-in-chief & creative director at Half Mystic Press; her latest book, which debuted at the Singapore Writers’ Festival, is poems for the sound of the sky before thunder (Math Paper Press, 2017); her latest film is the award-winning & critically-acclaimed SUPERNOVA (dir. Ishan Modi, 2017). She was born in 1999 & resides at topazwinters.com. She enjoys tea, films, wildflowers, & the colour of the sky when nothing is dreaming of it.
Official Bio (Long Version)
Topaz Winters is a poet, editor, actress, & entrepreneur. Her work has been published in Wildness, Cosmonauts Avenue, & Rust+Moth, profiled in The Straits Times, India-West, & Cicada Magazine, & commended by the National Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, the National YoungArts Foundation, & the Jane Goodall Institute, among others. Named “a powerful writer … who masters each emotional register with both skill and a genuine, heartfelt joy for language” by Heleen de Boever, she is the author of three books, most recently poems for the sound of the sky before thunder (Math Paper Press, 2017), which debuted at the Singapore Writers’ Festival. She is the youngest Singaporean ever to be nominated for the Pushcart Prize.
On her blog at topazwinters.com, Topaz shares stories about truth, magic, art, illness, & how to create beautiful things for those still listening. Her work has garnered two million views & counting from readers across the world. She serves as the editor-in-chief & creative director at Half Mystic, an international, independent small press & literary journal dedicated to the celebration of music in all of its forms. In addition, she wrote & starred in the short film SUPERNOVA (dir. Ishan Modi, 2017), an official selection for the Newark International, Across Asia Youth, Laurie Nelson, My Rode Reel, & CINE Golden Eagle Film Festivals. For her performance in SUPERNOVA she received the Best Actress award in the Singapore International Student Film Festival.
Topaz is deeply fond of tea, films, wildflowers, & the colour of the sky when nothing is dreaming of it. She was born in 1999 & currently attends high school in Singapore. She is in love with most quiet things. She is grateful you’re here.
- Featured in Expat Living, January 2018 Issue (2018)
- “True Story: I have 4 Mental Illnesses” in Yes and Yes (2017)
- “Inseam: Topaz Winters” in Thread (2017)
- “Choosing Tenderness: An Interview with Topaz Winters” in Cicada Magazine (2017)
- “Five Things with Topaz Winters” in The Wilds (2017)
- “Feature Article: Half Mystic” in Sapling (2017)
- Featured as a Moledro Magazine Teen Poet (2017)
- “National YoungArts Foundation Honors Indian American Teenage Artists” in India-West (2016)
- “A Conversation with Topaz Winters” in Monstering Magazine (2016)
- “Empowering Poems About Otherness” in Moledro Magazine (2016)
- “Writers of the Week: November 18th, 2016” in Maudlin House (2016)
- “Sweet Talk with Topaz Winters” in Sugar Rascals (2016)
- “An Interview with Topaz Winters” in L’Éphémère Review (2016)
- “May Promoting Creativity: Topaz Winters” in Rambling Writer (2016)
- “Artistry: A Spotlight on Topaz (Six Impossible Things)” in Books for a Delicate Eternity (2016)
- Featured on the official Wattpad blog (2015)
- Reading, hosting, & introduction at Half Mystic Journal’s Issue IV: Grazioso launch (2017)
- Reading at the Singapore Writers Festival poems for the sound of the sky before thunder launch (2017)
- “Healing is a Verb” at TEDxYouth@SAS: Prism of Possibilities (2017)
- “Lightning / Hunger” at YoungArts Finalist Week Showcase (2017)
Creations & Fanart
Creations that beautiful people have made, inspired by me & my work. (Truly, these make me smile every time I see them. I have so much love & respect for artists.)