Sometimes lovely humans interview me or write about the work I do. In the past I have appeared in places such as The Wilds, Maudlin House, Cicada Magazine, & the official Wattpad blog.
If you are a journalist, producer, editor, blogger, podcaster, or writer interested in covering my work, this is the place to find all of the information you need, as well as selected press I have already done.
You can get in touch with me to request a media appearance right here. I truly cannot wait to speak with you.
- My name is Topaz Winters. I am a poet, editor, actress, & entrepreneur. Here is a photograph, & here is my Wikipedia page.
- My current ongoing projects are this blog, Six Impossible Things, where I write about finding art, inspiration, & loveliness in the drudgery of daily life, as well as the small press & literary journal Half Mystic, dedicated to the celebration of music in all of its forms. I share behind-the-scenes updates about these projects with my love letter list & Patreon supporters.
- I am the author of the chapbooks Heaven or This & Monsoon Dream. I wrote & starred in the award-winning short film SUPERNOVA. I am the youngest Singaporean ever to be nominated for the Pushcart Prize. In 2017, I gave a TEDx talk entitled Healing is a Verb. A full list of publications & awards can be found here; a full list of larger projects can be found here.
- A few things I believe strongly in & am always willing to speak or write about: living with mental illness & how mentally ill people are represented in the media; the struggles & triumphs of being a young, queer, neurodivergent woman & artist of colour in the modern age; how best to support independent artists; anything to do with the importance of storytelling, poetry, & creativity.
- At the moment I am 17 years old. I live & work in Singapore.
Official Bio (Short Version)
Topaz Winters is a poet, editor, actress, & entrepreneur. Her work has been published in Wildness & Winter Tangerine Review, profiled in Maudlin House & Cicada Magazine, & commended by the National Scholastic Art & Writing Awards & the National YoungArts Foundation, among others. She serves as the editor-in-chief & creative director at Half Mystic Press; her latest book is Monsoon Dream (Platypus Press, 2016); her latest film is the award-winning SUPERNOVA (dir. Ishan Modi, 2017). At 17, she is the youngest Singaporean ever to be nominated for the Pushcart Prize. She was born in 1999 & resides at topazwinters.com. At this moment she is learning of California poppies, the difference between warm milk & forgetting, & how magic behaves in times of desperate measure.
Official Bio (Long Version)
Topaz Winters is a poet, editor, actress, & entrepreneur. Her work has been published in Wildness, Thrush Poetry Journal, & Winter Tangerine Review, profiled in Yes & Yes, Maudlin House, & Cicada Magazine, & commended by the National Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, the National YoungArts Foundation, & the Jane Goodall Institute, among others. Named “a powerful writer … who masters each emotional register with both skill and a genuine, heartfelt joy for language” by Heleen de Boever, she is the author of Heaven or This (2016) & Monsoon Dream (Platypus Press, 2016). At 17, she is the youngest Singaporean ever to be nominated for the Pushcart Prize.
On her blog at topazwinters.com, Topaz shares stories about truth, magic, art, illness, & how to create beautiful things for those still listening. Her work has garnered two million views & counting from readers across the world. She serves as the editor-in-chief & creative director at Half Mystic, an international, independent small press & literary journal dedicated to the celebration of music in all of its forms. In addition, she wrote & starred in the short film SUPERNOVA (dir. Ishan Modi, 2017), an official selection for the Across Asia Youth Film Festival & the Laurie Nelson Film Festival. For her performance in SUPERNOVA she received the Best Actress award in the Singapore International Student Film Festival.
Topaz is deeply fond of tea, cinema, & California poppies. She was born in 1999 & currently attends high school in Singapore. She is in love with most quiet things. She is grateful you’re here.
- An Interview with Sarah von Bargen for Yes and Yes (2017 / forthcoming)
- “Choosing Tenderness: An Interview with Topaz Winters” in Cicada Magazine (2017)
- “Five Things with Topaz Winters” in The Wilds (2017)
- “Feature Article: Half Mystic” in Sapling (2017)
- Featured as a Moledro Magazine Teen Poet (2017)
- “A Conversation with Topaz Winters” in Monstering Magazine (2016)
- Featured in Moldero Magazine’s Empowering Poems About Otherness (2016)
- Featured in Maudlin House’s Writers of the Week column (2016)
- “Sweet Talk with Topaz Winters” in Sugar Rascals (2016)
- “An Interview with Topaz Winters” in L’Éphémère Review (2016)
- “How Do You Annotate Poetry?” & “How Do You Interpret Poetry?” in Sometimes I’m a Story (2016)
- “May Promoting Creativity: Topaz Winters” in Rambling Writer (2016)
- “Zine Roundtable” in Werkloos Magazine (2016)
- “Artistry: A Spotlight on Topaz (Six Impossible Things)” in Books for a Delicate Eternity (2016)
- Featured on the official Wattpad blog (2015)
Creations & Fanart
Creations that beautiful people have made, inspired by me & my work. (Truly, these make me smile every time I see them. I have so much love & respect for artists.)